Friday, January 23, 2009

A Higher Place

First things first today. I want to say Thank YOU to God for Darlene Schwartzman who's no-nonsensesical (yes, that's Dr. Suess for no-nonsense) advice and understanding helped me make it through yesterday. They are few people who can tell the truth in such a clear manner left in these United States. Blessings on you.

Thanks be to God for my husband, my love and my earthly protection. Remember, it was the women who was deceived, not the man. I pray I will always put great stock in his God given wisdom.

In this journey, there is always one person in this world who completely understands how I feel and in fact feels just the same. I feel blessed to have a sister in this time and especially Ashley who is usually very clear of mind. She reminds me of things that I had forgotten and speaks the truth plainly.

There are a handful of other people who have been my support as well, Jean Millheim, Debbie Chambers, Emily Reeves and Val Carpenter. Also the ladies in my Bible study group who listen to my struggles and pray for our family. Thank you for your listening ear.

Each day and with each painful discussion God is giving me a little more pity and compassion for my mom. I don't mean to appear "better than" or "lofty", I really feel small and insignificant. Her insecurities are nearly crippling and she's in a pain of her own that I don't understand. God is showing me His hurting, wounded daughter, for whatever reason~she's wounded and He still loves her. I see a great deal of deception in her thinking and the need to cover her in prayer is a vital. So dear friends, PRAY today! Hold your family while you still have them, for tomorrow they may be lost to you in a way you never anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment